Student Visa

You can apply for a Student visa to study in the UK if you are 16 or over and you have been offered a place on a course by a licensed student sponsor; have enough funds to support yourself and pay for your course (the amount will vary depending on each applicant's circumstances). You should be able too speak, read, write and understand English. You must have your parents' consent if you are 16 or 17, as specific evidence will be required to prove their consent.

If you are 16 or 17 and you want to study at an independent school in the UK, you may be eligible for a Child Student Visa.

Applicants from EU, Switzerland, Norway, Iceland or Liecthenstein - If you or your close family member started living in the UK before 1 January 2021, you may be able to apply to the free EU Settlement Scheme. The deadline is 30 June 2021. Otherwise you will need a visa to study in the UK. Irish citizens do not need to apply for a visa or to the EU Settlement Scheme.

When to apply: Applying from outside the UK - The earliest you can apply for a visa is 6 months before you start your course. You will usually get a decision on your visa within 3 weeks. Applying from inside the UK - The earliest you can apply is 3 months before your course start date. You must apply before your current visa expires. Your new course must begin within 28 days of your current visa expiry date. You will usually get a decision within 8 weeks. 

Contact us to discuss your immigration matter