Apply to Settle in the UK: if you have been a Victim of Domestic Abuse

Apply to Settle in the UK: if you have been a Victim of Domestic Abuse

Domestic violence is a serious infringement of someone’s rights. While most often perpetrated against women, it can affect men and women from any ethnic background and part of society. Migrants can be particularly vulnerable and unwilling to seek help because of their precarious status in the UK. domestic violence and abuse goes beyond physical or sexual violence.

The general definition of Domestic Violence in immigration rules is - Any incident or pattern of incidents of controlling coercive or threatening behaviour, violence or abuse between those aged 16 or over who are or have been intimate partners or family members regardless of gender or sexuality.

Note: behaviour need not come from the victim’s partner.

Migrants who are in the UK as the spouse or partner of a British citizen or someone settled can apply for permission to stay as a victim of domestic violence (even if their visa has expired). Those in the UK to marry who have not yet swapped to leave as a partner will not qualify.

How We Can Help

We pride ourselves on being approachable and proactive in understanding and meeting our clients’ needs. We are a highly driven team, dedicated to providing clear and reliable immigration advice to human rights applicants as part of a professional and friendly service. We take your instructions, understand your requirements, collect all the necessary evidence, complete your application and submit it to the Home Office (UKVI) for consideration. Please contact us by phone on 01202 925737 or email or complete our contact form.