Child of a Parent in the UK

Child of a Parent in the UK

The Immigration Rules permit parents living overseas, who have British or settled children living in the UK, to apply for a visa to come to live with them. in summary, to make a successful application the parent must

  • Meet the relationship requirement with the child
  • Not be in a relationship with the child’s other parent or carer
  • Provide evidence that they are taking, and intend to continue to take, an active role in the child’s upbringing

The parent must also be

  • Outside the UK
  • Over 18 years of age
  • Able to adequately maintain accommodate themselves and any dependants on arrival
  • Able to speak English to an acceptable level

The child must be

  • Living in the UK
  • Under 18 years of age
  • Either a British national, or have settled status in the UK

How We Can Help

We pride ourselves on being approachable and proactive in understanding and meeting our clients’ needs. We are a highly driven team, dedicated to providing clear and reliable immigration advice to human rights applicants as part of a professional and friendly service. We take your instructions, understand your requirements, collect all the necessary evidence, complete your application and submit it to the Home Office (UKVI) for consideration. Please contact us by phone on 01202 925737 or email or complete our contact form.