Spouse Visa Extension

Spouse Visa Extension

Spouse Visa extension can be applied for before your Spouse Visa is due to expire. It enables a person to live in the UK for a further 30 months period after which you may be eligible to apply for settlement.

What is a Spouse Visa extension?

The Spouse Visa extension is for spouse, partners who have been living in the UK on a Spouse Visa. If you wish to continue to stay in the UK when your Spouse Visa expires, you can apply for a Spouse Visa extension. The Spouse Visa extension, like the Spouse Visa, lasts for 30 months. After living in the UK, generally for 5 years on a spouse visa, you can apply for Settlement - and for your British citizenship straight after you receive your Indefinite Leave to Remain if you are married to a British Citizen or 12 months thereafter if you are not married to a British Citizen. 

The requirements for Permission to Remain are similar to the original Spouse Visa and include being able to prove your genuine relationship with your spouse - partner, and that you intend to continue to live together permanently in the UK. You will also need to prove a combined income of at least £18,600 gross per year, adequate accommodation and English language competency.

To apply for a Marriage Visa and enter the UK, you must be married to, or in a civil partnership with a British citizen, UK settled person or UK refugee. You must provide proof of your genuine relationship and also meet specific requirements. Get in touch with our immigration lawyers to receive professional advice on your Spouse - Partner Visa application and we will assist you through the process of your entry clearance application to the UK or your leave to remain application in the UK.

We will be happy to assist with your family, spouse, civil partner visa extension application to the UK. We take your instructions, collect all relevant information and evidence, complete your application and submit it to the Home Office UKVI. You can contact us by phone 01202925737 or email office@arukvisa.co.uk or by completing our contact form.