Indefinite Leave to Remain


You can apply to settle in the UK (known as ‘indefinite leave to remain’) if you have got a residence card as a refugee, or a person with humanitarian protection. Check if you are eligible in the relevant category.


There is no fee for applying for settlement as a refugee or person who has been given humanitarian protection.

Family members

You may be able to include your partner and any children on your settlement application if they are already in the UK as your dependants. This includes children born in the UK. Check if your family member is eligible. If your application is successful, your family members will have the same permission to stay in the UK as you do.

If your family was formed before you left your country, your partner and children can apply to be reunited with you in the UK. Your family members must apply for a visa to join you in the UK if one of the following is true:

  • they’re not eligible to apply as a partner or a child
  • your family was formed after you left your country

If your application is successful, your family members will have permission to stay in the UK for the same length of time as you.

How We Can Help

We pride ourselves on being approachable and proactive in understanding and meeting our clients’ needs. We are a highly driven team, dedicated to providing clear and reliable immigration advice to human rights applicants as part of a professional and friendly service. We take your instructions, understand your requirements, collect all the necessary evidence, complete your application and submit it to the Home Office (UKVI) for consideration. Please contact us by phone on 01202 925737 or email or complete our contact form.