B - Skilled Worker visa

A Skilled Worker visa allows you to come to or stay in the UK to do an eligible job with an approved employer.

B - Skilled Worker visa

To qualify for a Skilled Worker visa, you must:
- work for a UK employer that has been approved by the Home Office
- have a ‘certificate of sponsorship’ from your employer with information about the role you have been offered in the UK
- do a job that is on the list of eligible occupations
- be paid a minimum salary - how much depends on the type of work you do

The specific eligibility depends on your job.

You must have a confirmed job offer before you apply for your visa.

Knowledge of English:
You must be able to speak, read, write and understand English. You will usually need to prove your knowledge of English when you apply.

If you are not eligible for a Skilled Worker visa - You may be eligible for another type of visa to work in the UK.

Your visa can last for up to 5 years before you need to extend it. You will need to apply to extend or update your visa when it expires or if you change jobs or employer. You can apply to extend your visa as many times as you like as long as you still meet the eligibility requirements.

After 5 years, you may be able to apply to settle permanently in the UK (also known as ‘indefinite leave to remain’). This gives you the right to live, work and study here for as long as you like, and apply for benefits if you are eligible.

You can apply for a visa up to 3 months before the day you are due to start work in the UK. This date is listed on your certificate of sponsorship.

Contact us to discuss your immigration matter by calling us on +44(0)7548856403 or email us on office@arukvisa.co.uk or by completing our Contact Form. One of our advisers will be happy to assist you personally.