D - Minister of Religion visa (T2)

You can apply for a Minister of Religion visa (T2) if:
- you’ve been offered a job within a faith community (for example as a minister of religion, missionary, or member of a religious order) in the UK
- you meet the other eligibility requirements

D - Minister of Religion visa (T2)

You need to be employed by a licensed sponsor to apply to live in the UK.

Your sponsor checks that you can do the job they are hiring you for and if it qualifies you for a visa. They will give you a certificate of sponsorship to prove this. They must also give you other information you need when you apply, for example how much you will be paid.

You can apply for a visa up to 3 months before the day you are due to start work in the UK. This date is listed on your certificate of sponsorship.

You should get a decision on your visa within 3 weeks when you apply from outside the UK.

You can come to the UK with a Minister of Religion visa (T2) for a maximum of up to 3 years and 1 month, or the time given on your certificate of sponsorship plus 14 days, whichever is shorter.

You can apply to extend your stay. You must apply before your visa expires. You need to:
- have a certificate of sponsorship for your job
- prove your knowledge of English
- have personal savings so you can support yourself when you arrive in the UK
- show you can travel and your travel history over the last 5 years
- have tuberculosis test results if you’re from a listed country
- be 18 or over when you apply
- You need to have an eligible qualification if you’re switching from a Tier 4 visa.

Contact us to discuss your immigration matter by calling us on +44(0)7548856403 or email us on office@arukvisa.co.uk or by completing our Contact Form. One of our advisers will be happy to assist you personally.