E - International Sportsperson visa
You can apply for an International Sportsperson visa if you are an elite sportsperson or qualified coach, who’s recognised by your sport’s governing body as being at the highest level of your profession internationally
You can apply for an International Sportsperson visa if all of the following apply:
- You are an elite sportsperson or qualified coach, who has recognised by your sport’s governing body as being at the highest level of your profession internationally
- your sport’s governing body is endorsing your application
- your employment will develop your sport in the UK at the highest level
- you meet the other eligibility requirements
This visa has replaced the Sportsperson (T2) visa and the sporting part of the Temporary Worker - Creative and Sporting visa (T5).
Your sponsor is your employer. They will give you a certificate of sponsorship to prove they are sponsoring you.
You can apply for a visa up to 3 months before the day you are due to start work in the UK. This date is listed on your certificate of sponsorship.
As part of your application, you will need to prove your identity and provide your documents.
You may need to allow extra time if you need an appointment to do this. You will find out if you need one when you start your application.
Your visa can last for up to 3 years. You can extend it as long as you are still eligible.
After 5 years, you may be able to settle permanently in the UK.
You need to:
- have a valid certificate of sponsorship for your job
- usually prove that you can speak and understand English, if you are applying to stay for longer than 12 months
- have personal savings so you can support yourself when you arrive in the UK
- show you can travel and your travel history over the last 5 years
- have tuberculosis test results if you are from a listed country
- have an eligible qualification, if you are switching from a student visa
Contact us to discuss your immigration matter by calling us on +44(0)7548856403 or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org or by completing our Contact Form. One of our advisers will be happy to assist you personally.