I - Employees: if your visa sponsor loses their licence
You may have to leave your job if your sponsor losses their licence
You will have to leave your job and leave the UK if your employer loses their sponsor licence - unless you make a new visa application to stay in the UK.
You could also be affected if:
- their licence is suspended
- they are taken over
- they don’t renew their licence
What happens to you depends on whether you are already in the UK when your employer’s sponsor licence changes.
If you are already in the UK, When your sponsor loses their licence your:
- certificate of sponsorship is cancelled
- visa is limited to 60 days (or however long you have left on the visa if it’s less than 60 days)
- You will have to leave your job and leave the UK unless you make a new visa application within that time - check your eligibility for visas.
If you are involved in the reasons why your sponsor lost their licence, your visa will be withdrawn and you’ll have to leave the UK immediately.
Contact us to discuss your immigration matter by calling us on +44(0)7548856403 or email us on email@example.com or by completing our Contact Form. One of our advisers will be happy to assist you personally.