C - Investor visa (Tier 1)
You can apply for a Tier 1 (Investor) visa if you want to invest £2,000,000 or more in the UK
You can apply for a Tier 1 (Investor) visa if:
- you want to invest £2,000,000 or more in the UK
- you meet the other eligibility requirements
- You must have access to at least £2,000,000 in investment funds to apply.
The earliest you can apply is 3 months before you travel. You should get a decision on your visa within 3 weeks when you apply from outside the UK.
You must pay £1,623 to apply for a Tier 1 (Investor) visa. You will also have to pay the healthcare surcharge as part of your application.
You can come to the UK with a Tier 1 (Investor) visa for a maximum of 3 years and 4 months. You can apply to extend this visa for another 2 years.
You must have at least £2,000,000 investment funds to apply for a Tier 1 (Investor) visa.
- be 18 or over to apply for this visa
- be able to prove that the money belongs to either you or your husband, wife, unmarried or same-sex partner
- have opened an account at a UK regulated bank to use for your funds
Your funds must be:
- held in one or more regulated financial institutions
- free to spend (‘disposable’) in the UK
Your money can be in the UK or overseas when you apply.
Students with financial sponsorship
You may be able to apply for a Tier 1 (Investor) visa if you are already in the UK and you are a student (including Tier 4) visa holder.
Contact us to discuss your immigration matter by calling us on +44(0)7548856403 or email us on email@example.com or by completing our Contact Form. One of our advisers will be happy to assist you personally.